Sunday, June 19, 2011

way of living


now is the time to be gentle with my soul. i awake to a new beginning and i must hush all the inner & outer critics. i am building a foundation where i can flourish in my passion of words and color. as much as i desire the faith from others, it is truly only my own faith that can carry me there. i believe that i am walking in the right direction. that we must create the paths in which we want to travel. my hope is that the things i create will touch others, bringing them joy or comfort, whatever it may be that they are in need of. whenever i am in need i remind myself to look around and see that i am right where i am suppose to be. and then i see something that meets that need whether it is a word or saying, a picture or painting.

leaving our comfort zones can be scary and vulnerable but usually we stay where we are comfortable for too long or for the wrong reasons. money is a necessary evil that controls us if we let it. how many people do you know that can honestly say, i love my job. not nearly as many that should. when i tell people i left my job to be with my son and start creating my art they say you are lucky. its not about luck. its a choice. i am following my heart to do what is calling me. the first year of my sons life went by in a blink. i want to be more present before he is in school and all grown up. i want to create art while i am here and it not be something i wish i would have done. life is fragile and very short. things change so quickly that if we don't be the change today we may not have the opportunity tomorrow.

No comments: