Monday, July 25, 2011

30 for my thirtieth


on saturday i celebrated my thirtieth birthday with my family and a few close friends (even though my birthday is technically wednesday). my parents put together a gift of 30 things for my thirtieth. this gift touched me so i had to share it here. my mother knows me so well and i could see all the thought and planning she put into this very heartfelt gift. the picture doesn't do its justice so i've decided to give you a lil descriptive meaning of each item.

1-4. a picture of my grandmother casey & 3 of her pins. the first gift i opened brought me to tears.  a little pouch with 3 pins that i recognized as my grandmothers. and inside was a framed picture of her. i remember this picture growing up was one of my favorites. in the picture she sits happily with her pup on her lap. (she had a soft spot in her heart for her dogs) its exactly how i remember her.
5. a wooden box. i laughed when i saw it because it belonged on my moms dresser. she knew i admired it so.
6-8. healing stones. i've always been a collector of rocks and stones. there was a purple amethyst (one of my favorites), rose quartz and a clear stone with a dove. all which will bring me peace.
9-11. tasty treats. i have a love for candy and chocolate. mike & ikes, junior mints and dove chocolate (which is the BEST chocolate).
12-13. beverages. i live on caffeine and my favorites are rockstar and coffee. so she found a coffee rockstar and a new flavor i have yet to try.
14-17. jewelry. my mother has a fantastic and rather large collection of jewelry. i had told her once i admired this ring of hers that is a sparkly lizard. and as i noted above my love for stones, there was a necklace with earth tone stones on it. and a silver bracelet that was my grandmother casey's. also, a simple charm stating love. (i love to wear words)
18-22. favorite artists. 2 of my favorites are kelly rae roberts and christine mason miller. their work speaks to my soul and i can't get enough of their inspiration. i received 2 plaques, a bookmark, and a magnet from kelly's collection. and a bookmark from christine's collection.
23-24. quotable. i love quotes that speak to my heart and soul. especially ones i can apply to my everyday life. she found a quotable magnet and a quote from the velveteen rabbit (a childhood favorite).
25. young creator. a scroll of a self portrait and story i had written in the fifth grade. funny the things you save as a mother. i had a passion back then even for art and writing.
26. moody. a ha ha sign stating caution PMS zone. that is pretty funny, maybe i can place it on my husbands pillow in the future ☺
27. sparkle box. i love all things that sparkle and also have a love for boxes and containers. this is a perfect addition to my collection.
28. lil character keyring. i love random cartoons and characters, those that make me smile and laugh. this lil girl keyring she found is perfect.
29. shirt. i'm not one to spend my money on clothes so its fitting that she'd find a way to get an article of clothing in there. 
30. birthday girl. those of you who know me know i heart birthdays and especially love to celebrate my own ☺. i believe we all should, its the day we were blessed into this world and a day of starting a new year ( i'm not real into new years day) this is my marking of a new year. how perfect that she found me a party hat with bright feather and jewels to wear on my night of celebration. i may just wear it all week!

thank you momma & dad for this very unique gift. thank you All for your gifts, even though i didn't list it above your gifts also mean alot to me, you All know me very well. thank you all for coming to my soirée, i'm very blessed! 



No comments: