Sunday, August 30, 2015

complex | release


there is nothing left to say
but so much left unsaid
we coexist like strangers
under the same roof
we nod hello + goodbye
through the thick silence
the only dance we share is
our energies in search of comfort
within these anxiety covered walls
how did our foundation crack + shift
from ever after to never lasting
empty promises + shattered hopes
i fear of waking up one day
and you'll have vanished
like a phantom of my imagination
i dreamt of you and you came
into my world and all the same
you easily slip away
grateful for our togetherness
even if you were just wasting time
i'll never forget how you brought
my soul to life, awakening me
from a deep slumber
i'll forgive myself for having expectations
as i am not above your free will
we crossed paths for a reason, maybe
it wasn't why we hoped it to be,
because we tried as both we could
this is the hardest goodbye
that i've ever had to say

No comments: