Wednesday, July 14, 2010

falcor


this is jaxson. he turns 5 August 8th. well, i adopted him 5 years ago on that day. the rescue org guessed he was 1 or 2 at the time. they found him on July 27th on California Street. this was a Yes sign for me to adopt him. (my birthday & favorite state) have you ever seen Never Ending Story? to me he looks like Falcor, the luck dragon. i probably would have named him that if he wasn't already named. he has been my lil gypsy dog since day one. we have lived 4 different places together in 5 years and he adapts right along with me. rescue dogs are the best kind in my opinion. they are so grateful and loyal. he knows when i'm sad and need to cuddle. hates when i cry and will lick my tears away if i let him. loves when i take him for car rides, but only if he gets to sit up front so he can see. he has always been my right hand man.

when i got pregnant he knew something was up. he sat with me when i was praying to the porcelain gods. he ate with me when i snacked in the middle of the night. and he slept on my belly even when sometimes Ayden would kick him :). i was nervous at how he'd react to the baby. was he going to be jealous or feel hurt that someone was going to be closer to me than him? when we brought the baby home everything fell right into place. he wagged his tail and gently licked Ayden's face then looked up at me as if he approved.

he has an old soul and a young heart. i truly believe that dogs who need us find us but also that we choose the ones we truly need.

No comments: