Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Could not love you more


You came into my world on May 28th. I held you and you looked into my eyes with such wonder. Words cannot describe how i felt in that moment. I have never done anything better in my life and you inspire me to do more. I am so blessed to be able to call you son. Everyday that passes i fall more and more in love with you.

I've never felt a love like this, you consume all of me. I love the sweet, heavenly smell of your head. The way your bottom lip pulls in and quivers a little. That you always have to have your hands free so they can touch your face. The noises that sound like you are saying yummy while you eat. How content you are in my arms and on my chest. The way you look into your dad's eyes. A brand new little being that has so much to learn and so much to teach me.

You have taught me to slow down and fully appreciate the moments. That the laundry can wait, along with my hunger and to sleep when you are sleeping or i won't get to sleep at all. You have taught me that life is fragile and precious and goes by incredibly fast. And a whole new meaning to gratitude.

No comments: