Sunday, January 24, 2010

everything's changing


i look into the mirror and it's as if someone else is staring back at me.
these aren't my clothes, this isn't my body.
even my hair and skin seem to be different.

my senses are altered too.
i can smell things much more than i ever could before.
i forget my thoughts mid-sentence.
everything i eat gives me heartburn.
i used to multi-task, now i have to write everything down
and do things one at a time.

the last five months have been anything but dull. my emotions intense.
this pregnancy was a surprise. we had only been engaged a month.
i thought i had the flu and was completely exhausted.
it took me about 3 1/2 months to feel good.
it also took this long for my mind to relax about all the changes
and accept that this is what being pregnant is all about.

i'm so grateful for all these blessings that are present in my life.
i married a wonderful man November 20th of 2009.
we have been through so many life lessons together.
he believed in me when i didn't believe in myself.
we have seen each other through the good and the bad,
and he is truly my best friend.

becoming parents came much sooner than either of us could have imagined.
the anticipation, the excitement, the amazement. . .
there is no one i'd rather have by my side during these days that lie ahead.

No comments: